* 37 Posts in 30 Topics by 21 Members Latest Member: g1bson   **
KOHOSTING.NET FORUMS
  Advanced search
March 28, 2024, 04:15:41 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Login with username, password and session length
As of 8/2008 we are offering Ventrilo Servers. Be sure to check the HOME PAGE for details.
HomeHelpCalendarLoginRegister**
+  KOhosting.net Forums
|-+  News and Updates
| |-+  KO Hosting, LLC. (company news)
| | |-+  KO Hosting Started . . .
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: KO Hosting Started . . .  (Read 6875 times)
TerryH
Owner
KO Hero Member

« on: July 28, 2008, 07:01:28 PM »

KO Hosting began with one person(me  Wink ) and I have personally been hosting online games for over twelve years as of the date of this post. All of my hosting began with Age Of Empires I and Unreal Tournament 99(G.O.T.Y Edition). I began a hosting company roughly seven years ago. This company is truely the "American Dream" having started out on a spare system in my home office. It then grew into a server rack in a closet of my family's home. Then we moved to a much larger home(4 kids, lol) and placed the rack in our basement of our home Once I was no longer able to surf the web, or play online without affecting my clients servers I had no other recourse, but to expand my operations. I have just recently(1 year ago) named my organization KO Hosting. I currently have servers in five major US markets including Phoenix, AZ./ Atlanta, GA./ Newark, NJ./ Chicago, IL., and Louisville, KY.

All of our services are currently hosted in state of the art data centers on 100% Tier 1 Networks with fiber backbones. All of our facilities have redundant power via automated generators as well as redundant internet connections. Some of our data centers carriers are Level3, Savvis, Sprint, and Internap. A lot of companies try to use inferior cut rate carriers which allow them a slightly lower cost, but all that manages to do is create an unstable environment for gaming. Our servers never reach more than 50% capacity on bandwidth and 65% capacity on resource usage even while under full load of all installed instances. Once a server reaches these thresh holds we simply bring another one online. This is what allows us to maintain an optimal environment for any hosting event.

Thank you to all that have made this venture possible. Particularly my loving wife.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 03:56:59 PM by TerryH » Report to moderator   Logged

TerryH
Owner
KO Hosting, LLC.
KnockOut Hosting, at KnockOut Prices!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: